Monday, August 8, 2016

Funny- "Up all night"

The truth is, while kids are worth it, they are challenging to say the least. The last few nights have been that, if not more so... As hinted to in previous posts, we recently moved and while we were good to go, our new home was not on the same page. We shoved all our stuff in storage and for the meantime have been staying with my in-laws till we can finish renovations on the home. What does this mean for you? It means that I'm disoriented from all the sleep I'm not getting, so expect grammar errors...

You see, Numba One has yet to be trained to sleep in a regular bed and with her crib in storage it has put us in a bit of bind. The first night was hours of relentless begging and pleading for her to go to sleep. The next night it happened again, we pleaded, she screamed and I was assigned bed time duty.

At 3:00 in the morning, I grabbed her little hand and walked her back to her room... as I laid her in bed she asked me to lay next to her... she had a tear go down her cheek and a little sniffle that made me feel sorry for forcing her to sleep by herself. As I laid down next to her, the sniffles continued:

Me: Are you ok?
Numba One: No... *sniffle*
Me: Would you like a hug?
Numba One: Mmm hmm... yes...
Me: Would you like for me to give you a blessing?
Numba One: ... yes pwease...
Me: How about this? If I give you a blessing and then hold you, could I go back to my bed?
Numba One:... hmmm... ok...

I then held her in my lap, laid my hands on her head and when I finished the blessing, she laid in my arms. It was a Kodak moment, but like most it came to quick end. I grabbed her tender self and began to lay her down, she looked up and I said:

Me: I love you.
Numba One: ...Night...
Me: Are you going to be ok?
Numba One: ...Yes...

Feeling relieved, I stood up and turned for the door... all the sudden I swear she was stabbed because she began to scream murder...

Numba One: MAMI! MAMMMIII!
Me: *Taking a big breath, I turned back* What's wrong? I thought we had a deal!?
Numba One: I'm two! Did you really expect a two year old to be able to keep her promise?

Now, I know that she didn't say that... but I swear, if she could've...

The point is this, some people are worth losing sleep for and if I had to lose sleep for anyone, I'm glad it's for my girls.

-Somebody's Father-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like what you read? Click the ad so I get paid...

Like what you read? Follow me on Facebook, Hit Like below and share with your friends!