Saturday, July 9, 2016

Dear Mom and Dad, Thank you...

Tonight was hell on wheels and no, that's not an understatement. I think I always knew parenting would be less than easy, but I never knew what really went into it. So, thank you! Tonight we took our two year old and 4 month old girls to an arcade/restaurant. But instead of telling you what happened, I'm going to do it through thanking you...

So here we go...

Thank you for taking me onto a merry-go-round when I begged you to and then when we got on it, thank you for letting me scream in your ears to get off.

Thank you for sharing your fries with me when I wouldn't eat my own fries.

Thank you for holding me when I didn't want to be held.

Thank you for chasing me across the arcade into the wrong restroom even though the manager had to talk to you afterwards.

Thank you for stopping me from leaving with the wrong family.

Thank you for every picture you took with me, even though I cried while you smiled.

Thank you for taking care of a small, lost child, who without you would probably be more lost than he is today. Cause the truth is if you didn't love me... I don't know who would have...

But I know this... even though she didn't eat a single bite of the dinner I got her... and even though I didn't hear my daughter say she loves me while she kicked me as I pulled her out of a restaurant screaming... and even though she didn't say sorry as she had an accident on my lap... I know this... I love her to Eternity and I am better for every ounce of pain she puts me through, because I am better for every moment you listened to God and loved me. For this and everything else, I love you and thank you for every day before today and everyday after, for if it wasn't for you I'd be worse off.

-Somebody's Father

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like what you read? Click the ad so I get paid...

Like what you read? Follow me on Facebook, Hit Like below and share with your friends!